European funding opportunities for cycling
In this section of the website we have collected various resources that will hopefully help you to find out how EU funds can support cycling-related projects in your area.
- 6 billion euros for cycling campaign – an introduction to the ECF’s campaign and the different types of EU funding mechanisms.
- How you can help get more EU funds for cycling – practical advice on how to increase the amount of EU funds spent on cycling in your area.
- EU Funding Opportunities 2014-2020 – The ECF has undertaken a scan of all the relevant national and regional documents currently available to get a better picture of where there will be opportunities to fund cycling projects with European money
- Examples of cycling projects co-funded by the EU – during the 2007-2013 Financial Period
- EuroVelo, cycling and the TEN-T – learn more about the new references to cycling and EuroVelo in the TEN-T Guidelines (the largest transport policy area controlled directly by European Commission).
Introduction to European Funding
European Union (EU) funding can be used to fund a whole range of different types of cycling-related projects, from large scale infrastructure projects to knowledge sharing and promotional campaigns. We have collected some examples here. This financial support can therefore make a substantial impact on cycling policy, advocacy programmes, industry growth and other cycling-related goals and initiatives.
Advocacy is one of the key methods by which funds can be released. In this section of the website we have tried to provide some more information for anyone wanting to use EU funding for cycling-related projects, in particular by helping you demonstrate the benefits of cycling to policy makers, citizens and industry.
ECF has provisionally identified €6 billion worth of EU funding to be used on cycling and cycling-related initiatives throughout Europe during the current EU financial period (2014-2020). Focused on establishing a network of national partners, the €6 billion campaign is something that is guaranteed to make big changes in the world of cycling.
Want more information on the €6 Billion campaign or EU funds in general? Follow the links at the top of this page or contact the ECF via 6billion[at]ecf.com.